Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 21, 2011

OFWGKTA

There's a lot of hype on Odd Future. You can probably tell from everyone on your twitter account trending #swag after every tweet. Or any mog you meet saying everything is "swag"...
I remember about 6 months ago a friend in class showing me the Yonkers video from Tyler The Creator. I thought, wow, this is pretty weird that this dude is eating cockroaches and hanging himself, but at the same time i thought it was something new. It had under a million views, now it has around 24 million.
So I downloaded all of Odd Future's stuff to see what they were all about. I liked a few of their songs but the whole group gave off a weird persona. I listened to them for about a month and then squashed it.
I think the whole group has had the most impact on teenage kids who are insecure about themselves. Thinking.. oh hey if Tyler The Creator can yell out profanity and say a bunch of weird stuff, why cant I!?
News flash dick cheese, he's making money off that, while you are chain smoking cigarettes listening to his stuff out of your portable CD player.
Yeah, Yonkers is a pretty catchy song. So was N'syncs song Bye Bye Bye. Doesn't mean everyone went and got their hair tips bleached and started talking in really high pitched voices. At least Justin Timberlake for N'sync is keeping it real like 10 years later. Odd Future in 10 years will probably be outside a Los Angeles Walmart begging for change. Seems like every single true "fan" of Odd Future's is pissed off, working at McDonald's, got kicked out of their house, is insecure about life, does weird drugs, and has a closet full of tie dye shirts and skinny jeans.
I also love the whole meaning of their name.... Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All................... WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? Whats a wolf gang? Why do they want to kill everyone? Why is the future odd? So many questions! Same with Wiz's saying Taylor Gang or Die. Just chill out.
Odd Future fans need to not get it twisted either... August 28th 2011 was not the day Christ was resurrected, it was when your holy creator Tyler won his first VMA for best new artist. Hard work does pay off when all his fans voted at least 30 times once the bus dropped them back off at home from school. But beating out Big Sean and Taylor Gang's very own Wiz Khalifa, seemed pretty out of whack to me.
..................By the way, incase you live in a cave, here's the Yonkers video.

I give credit to Tyler for having such strong fan base. But to me it seems cult like. I wish his fans would give it up and go back to listening to Slip Knot. Or give Wu Tang Clan a try.

Swag yourselves out tonight everyone.......

No comments:

Post a Comment